Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lorie jinxes the Packer Game and HOLY CRAP it's COLD!

Tonight's post will be brief. I'm all alone at the computer tonight because Lorie is watching the Packers play in overtime right now. I refuse to watch it. Lorie still doesn't realize that every time we're watching the game, the Packers are playing poorly, and everytime we turn it off, the Packers do well. I hold her personally responsible for whatever happens to the Packers this evening. I refuse to jinx our boys. Lorie doesn't even know anything about football and suddenly she has to be the one to watch "history being made."

Anyway, I'm going to go off and try to find something that will distract me for the next few minutes. I did want to post a picture of the thermometer in the Saturn this morning. I have never in my entire life experienced weather this bitterly cold. It was so cold that I had to take a picture of the temperature read-out because I didn't think that anyone would believe us. So, this is how I'm going to end the evening-- with this lone picture.


*****breaking news***-- The Packers lost in Overtime. I guess it's harsh to hold Lorie or me personally responsible for the loss. It's still sad. Favre and that interception.... OY! We're both going to cry ourselves to sleep now. At least we know the Giants will get crushed by the Patriots. (the Packers would have been crushed, too-- so I guess that's the bright side)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

R...O...T...F...L Melanie!!! OMg that's just about the funniest thing I've ever read! I feel the same way about my beloved Broncos -- they seem to do better when I miss the game and heaven forbid I should actually wear a jersey! Won't even own one!

The Packers are my second favorite team (I adore Wisconians...worked there twice & was impressed all the way around by ya'll)!

This post reminded me of my blog of several years ago when the Steelers beat the Colts in the playoffs...but just barely...The Bus fumbled in the last few seconds of the game). If you'd like to read it, it's at:

http://whifanen.blogspot.com/2006/01/ahhhh-mayyyyyyy-zingggg.html

Nicole in WY (found you at the BBs at WW Online)